Websites Group Product Owner for Experiential Platforms Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Ford Motor Credit Company
Ford Motor Credit Company (FMCC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Through your leadership, you'll direct the strategy of your “Group”: Product Owners with a common overarching goal. You will leverage your technical expertise to identify setbacks and roadblocks within a project and generate solutions for resolving them quickly, build and manage a product team to work with the best-suited engineers, and evaluate feedback from support teams to identify product errors and gaps. You'll also work closely with Product Owners in support of your product.
The mission of the Experiential Platforms group is to be the distribution channel for frictionless self-service and loyalty driving features based on deep customer knowledge that delight our customers so they will never consider leaving Ford. As the Group Product Owner for Website for the Experiential Platforms Group you be responsible globally to provide a platform for self-serving features through consumer facing websites for Ford Credit.
What you'll be able to do:
- Drive the lifecycle of a product from ideation, using user research, to launch and land your success metrics, and continue iterating on the product to improve your user’s journey
- Obsess over areas of the user experience and pain points
- Write compelling Product Requirement Documents (PRDs)
- Drive the roadmap for your product, while delivering high quality and impactful landings
- Partner closely with Engineering, User Experience (UX), and other cross functional teams to create, drive, and deliver an innovative, compelling, and user-friendly experience to your user
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of experience as a Product Manager with evidence of strong problem-solving, analytical skills, and ability to operate in a white space environment generating insights to create and tell a story
- Two or more years of experience working on websites
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master’s or MBA
- Ability to prioritize, manage and deliver on multiple assignments with minimal supervision
- Strong executive presence and attention to detail
- Ability to influence, persuade and engage in difficult conversations
- Strong cross-functional relationship-building abilities
- Comfortable finding effective solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to effectively work across all levels of the organization to achieve organizational objectives
- Proven experience fostering inclusion and a shared vision within diverse teams
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to evolve product strategy through research, data and industry trends
- Excellent influencing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to generate creative insights in a white space environment
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, including product ownership, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing
- Experience driving product vision
- Background working in a matrixed team structure
- Ability to thrive in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience managing specifications for software developers
- Product experience with large-scale systems
- Development expertise using various desktop and mobile app frameworks
- Experience developing software or internet products and technologies to define technical product features
- In-depth knowledge of the commercial, consumer, or dealer areas
*Open to remote work arrangement. Preferred location is Dearborn, MI.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.