V2X Feature Development and Business Incubation Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
What you’ll be able to do:
Lead or support the invention and creation of new enabling technologies, features, or systems for use in Ford Motor Company Global Connected Vehicle applications. The selected candidate will work with partners across the company and industry to progress, mature and validate vehicle to Everything (V2X) concepts and applications with focus on cellular technologies (Cellular-V2X).
- Research and scout new enabling technologies for automotive vehicle-to-everything (V2X) applications.
- Invent, propose, and create new features or products.
- Create or direct development of working prototypes to demonstrate the feature/concept or a significant aspect of the design.
- Candidate may direct or supervise the activities of suppliers supporting Ford projects and develop relationships with the supply base to learn about latest technologies suppliers may offer.
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other scientific field of study
- One or more years of experience in wireless broadband and associated technologies (3G, LTE, TCP/IP, WiFi, Bluetooth) (coursework allowed).
- One or more years of experience in Embedded Software development experience and micro-processor environments for the purpose of developing connectivity demonstration prototypes. (coursework allowed).
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other scientific field of study
- Familiarity with V2X concepts, standards and technologies
- Familiarity with Operating systems internals and device drivers for Linux and/or RTOS environments
- Proficiency in C/C#/C++, Java, Python, MATLAB and/or Java Scripts
- Familiarity with automotive networking concepts (CAN/LIN, Diagnostics) and Ethernet protocols (TCP\\IP)
- Electronic hardware design experience for the purpose of developing demonstration prototypes.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.