Systems Engineer - Carrier Services Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Melvindale, MI, US
Ford Smart Mobility LLC
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to crafting, manufacturing and selling high-quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is passionate about the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
We are designing, developing, releasing and testing new products and services that improve ownership experience, provide our customers access to additional services, enhance their experience with Ford offered products and create new revenue opportunities for the business!
What you'll be able to do:
- Own the end-to-end design for Carrier connectivity globally; delivering high and low level design of various IT components and telecom network platforms for IOT products.
- Design according to the product requirements and enterprise architecture guidelines defined by commercial business cases and GSMA standards.
- Lead network development issuing engineering designs, through external and internal development, for re-credentialing purposes.
- Provide leadership on technology inputs to business cases for end to end product design and ensure that the different stakeholders are aligned.
- Monitor industry trends and find opportunities to apply innovative technologies or ways of working to existing or upcoming products & services.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 1 or more years working with cross-functional stakeholders across.
- 3 or more years of experience with 3GPP telecommunications.
- 3 or more years presenting to high-profile stakeholders and customers.
Our preferred requirements:
- Ability to influence and develop vehicle data strategy to support data consumers.
- 3 or more years of experience with GSMA is a plus
- Strong communication skills.
- Innovative and able to find win-win solutions in the face of conflicting needs.
- Ability to provide leadership in areas of expertise, while willing to learn and grow in areas of opportunity and need.
- Adaptive to evolving business changes in a rapid pace environment.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: