Supplemental Process Engineering Specialist - KTP Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY, US
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
***Note- This is a Supplemental position. Supplemental employees are ineligible to receive a complete benefits package.
What you’ll be able to do:
We’re seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our manufacturing process engineering activities. We’re looking to you to help us optimize our efforts in safety, quality and productivity. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to advance continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and products. You will:
• Develop action plans to investigate and prioritize quality concerns
• Implement corrective actions on internal processes and supplier processes
• Lead and conduct process audits to ensure process discipline
• Conduct job ergonomic evaluations and deliver corrective actions
• Analyze root causes, map processes and propose corrective actions
• Create process and instruction sheets to support quality methods and processes
• Deliver capable processes and tools
• Resolve assembly related concerns
• Drive variability reduction, lean manufacturing initiatives and best practices
• Ensure compliance with plant, corporate, governmental and environmental standards
• Support ISO 14001 compliance as well as internal ISO auditing/compliance
• Identify throughput constraints and drive root cause improvements
The minimum requirements we seek:
• High School Diploma or GED
• One or more years of Engineering experience (intern or co-op experience included)
• One or more years of Microsoft experience to include (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Our preferred requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering
• Exceptional communication skills
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience
• 8D and 5Why corrective action and problem-solving skills
• Background with Lean Tools – 5S, Kanban, Poka-yoke, and Value Stream Mapping
• DMAIC project methodology experience
• Knowledge of TQM and Kaizen methods
• MEA, PPAP, and DOEs experience
• Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: