Supplemental Material Planning & Logistics Supervisor - KTP Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY, US
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
***Note- This is a Supplemental position. Supplemental employees are ineligible to receive a complete benefits package.
What you’ll be able to do:
In this critical role, you will be responsible for the overall daily material handling functions for the facility and for the department. You will ensure proper material flow throughout the entire process – from the receiving dock, to the warehouse storage location to the production line feed location, to the delivery of finished products to customers. You will:
- Direct and support the allocation of resources to cover material handling responsibilities
- Support the Ford Production System and synchronous material flow through Lean Manufacturing practices
- Achieve all safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale, environmental, production throughput, and budgetary goals
- Meet First Time Through, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and tooling expense targets
- Coach safety, quality and productivity by following standardized work
- Lead and manage unionized hourly personnel
- Provide team communication and recognition
- Build hourly team leader and team member capabilities
- Create an empowering, results-driven work environment
- Support Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) and coach problem resolution
- Assign work to unionized hourly workforce
- Hold employees accountable for following processes
- Work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends
The minimum requirements we seek:
- High school diploma or GED
- One or more years of Microsoft Office experience to include (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial operations; transportation & logistics; supply chain management & information systems; applied engineering; packaging engineering; or business management
- One or more years of logistics experience
- Background in body shop, stamping, subassembly, or manufacturing assembly/machining
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Understanding of constraint management principles
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation Was well as rewarding opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: