Strategic Research Project Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Product Line Management (EPLM)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Collaborate with partners across the enterprise to gather data on trends, technologies, and other inputs relevant to the creation of customer-centric experiences
- Manage the planning, design, execution, analysis, and reporting of research events via creating field guides, conducting or participating in ethnographic fieldwork, creating reports, and other research instruments to meet company standards
- Support the Strategic Research Team with management of fieldwork assets including storage, editing, and retrieval of video, audio, or other assets as needed
- Coordinate with global research partners to plan and execute multi-regional market research events
- Liaise and interface with key internal clients to ensure their research requirements are met
- Prepare Project Statement of Work and Research Plan Discussion Agreement Forms for projects
- Manage the planning, design, execution, analysis, and reporting of research projects within budget
- Manage research supplier staff during research engagements to ensure project quality, design and analytics are aligned with business objectives and company standards
- Electronically distribute reports and presentations. Publish final reports and presentations to the GCI Knowledge Management System
- Handle all quote evaluation, billing and procurement responsibilities for individual projects
- Represent research team through attendance and/or presentation of research results in various meeting forums
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Business Administration, Marketing, Transportation Design, Interaction Design, or Social Science
- 5+ years of experience in qualitative research
- 2+ years of experience with design thinking OR human centered design projects
Our preferred requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in ethnographically-based Product, Service, and/or Interaction Research with experience with all aspects of the contextually-based research and design thinking process – both qualitative and quantitative
- Skilled in ability to edit, store, and manage research fieldwork content including visual, video, audio, and other content
- Experience in Advertising Planning, Archetype or Metaphor research a plus
- Automotive or manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of human centered design models (e.g. experiences, pain points, passion points, best opportunities)
- Working knowledge of market research principles -- sampling, methods, analysis
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with an ability to translate and communicate analytical research findings into actionable insights
- Proven capability to think systemically, strategically and analytically while executing decisively
- Ability to integrate data and findings from other areas and present a holistic view of a position
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiating skills with a can-do attitude and an ability to work well with internal Ford clients
- Strong project leadership and coordination abilities
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple assignments at the same time
- Ability to work and manage cross-culturally
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf