Software Architect and Requirements Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Product Development (PD)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
- Define software architecture for the overall ADAS ECU
- Work closely with the hardware and software engineers during software architecture development
- Manage software architecture with the tier 1 supplier, tier 2 feature suppliers and internal feature owners for the new ADAS features
- Design, document and lead the architecture for strategic ADAS software functionality
- Develop requirements for the software architecture and cascade to the software developers
- Understand existing complex architectures and drive resolution of architecture related issues
- Support the work of the software project manager to define and deliver architecture work products per the planned timelines
- Support overall embedded Software integration
- Support the SW verification and validation teams to establish test strategies to achieve suitable coverage along the right side of the systems Vee
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience with Software architecture, application development in embedded software and/or developing production algorithms (internship/co-op experience allowed)
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design
- Embedded Software development in C/C++
- Experience with the Linux and QNX operating system
- Experience with Agile software development processes
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf