RF Antenna Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Product Development (PD)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
We are seeking a RF Antenna and Communications Systems Engineer to lead Ford Motor Company in the integration of advanced communications (e.g. 5G NR, C-V2X, Ultra-wideband, etc.) into the automotive environment for both connected and Autonomous Vehicles (AV). You will:
- Design, simulate and test these advanced communications systems focusing on the physical layer, antenna design/placement and the propagation channel
- Design the communications system from concept to integration at the vehicle level (e.g. computer simulations to laboratory testing, culminating in vehicle level field testing)
- Develop advanced testing techniques to validate these systems on the vehicle
- Interface with internal Ford Motor Company antenna and physical layer designers, test engineers, software engineers, University partners, connectivity systems engineers, feature owners and chipset suppliers
- Represent Ford Motor Company in industry committees/standards (e.g. CTIA, SAE, IEEE, 3GPP, 5GAA, etc.)
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- 5+ years of experience analyzing and designing wireless communication systems and/or components (graduate level coursework/internship/co-op experience allowed)
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering with focus on digital communication and signal processing
- Extensive knowledge of communication systems theory and optimization (e.g. modulation schemes, error correction, propagation, link-budget analysis, etc.)
- Experience with tools such as Remcom Wireless Insite, Altair Winprop, Keysight SystemVue or Matlab RF and Communications Systems Toolboxes
- Experience with communications test equipment (e.g. channel emulators, wireless communication testers, reverberation chambers, anechoic chambers, MIMO OTA test chambers, etc.)
- Experience with test data post processing and data analysis
- Experience with CTIA test guidelines
- Knowledge of LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/ad or Bluetooth/BLE
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf