Product Owner - Vehicle API Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
Product Owner – Vehicle API
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Product Owner group, you’ll play a critical part in shaping the future of our connectivity products. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage your knowledge of API related aspects to redefine how our customers and partners exchange data, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
What you’ll be able to do:
As the key representative of our business teams, customers and partners, you will be able to bring their perspective on how Ford delivers APIs to the market. You will own the user experience and interface with multiple technical teams at Ford to create a Vehicle API marketplace. You will:
- Act as product owner for APIs and establish a vision, define measurable goals, and track progress through quick iteration
- Work with our customers to understand their needs
- Gain strategy and roadmap support from internal and external stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and leadership
- Work closely with developers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure features/changes meet business requirements
- Work with internal teams on the use of our API framework
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of API development experience as a developer or in a product management role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with architecting RESTful APIs
Our preferred requirements:
- Track record of team leadership
- Ability to clearly communicate with the team on priorities and roadmap
- Possess strong collaboration and documentation skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Prior experience of working in the Auto industry
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to understand our technical capabilities and come up with possible solutions for client needs
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf