Product Owner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Ford Smart Mobility LLC
Ford Smart Mobility (FSM)
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to crafting, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is passionate about the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
We are seeking Product Owners to lead product development within Ford’s Data Privacy and Consent product portfolio, and Ford’s Customer Gateway and Control Center (CGCC) product line. Our vision for these products, is to build a clear, human-centered and world-class experience empowering customers to speak up to their needs and have simple, connected experiences with their devices and vehicles.
In the roles on our team, you will be responsible for leading the development of products and experiences (Consent, Account, Profile, Garage and Identity) within Ford’s mobile apps, websites and vehicles.
What you'll be able to do:
- Utilize solid understanding of application and system development lifecycle
- Work with key stakeholders to define scope, costs and timelines for the development of new capabilities
- Define platform features and run the backlog of capability development
- Collaborate with software development team during development to clarify feature objectives and address questions and gaps
- Manage the user acceptance testing process for new platform features
- Map business processes (App, Web and Vehicle)
- Own the Product Analyst role in the software development methodology, including creating user stories and acceptance criteria, documenting requirements, creating domain maps, creating use cases and flow diagrams, and more
- Participate in refinement, planning, review and retrospectives on agile projects and relative activities on waterfall and hybrid projects
- Work closely with stakeholders to plan, launch and implement deliverables on time and in accordance with specifications and requirements
- Consume customer, team and client feedback and align to business needs -- then translating these items into new product features that align with the overall product vision and strategy
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience with complex technical product delivery
- 2+ years of experience using backend technologies such as Rest API’s, messaging queues and cloud platforms.
- 2+ years working in an Agile software development environment with cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of experience writing business test cases and managing user acceptance testing
Our preferred requirements:
- Ability to communicate technical requirements in a universal and non-technical manner
- Strong oral and written communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Approaches problems with a strategic, creative and curious mentality
- Self-motivated, flexible, adaptable to change
- Experience with and knowledge of user-facing technologies
- Strong initiative to deliver results
- Strong facilitation and follow-up skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and take advantage of the opportunity to add order
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.