Product Manager for Commercial Growth Strategy Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Remote, MI, US
Ford Smart Mobility LLC
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Better vehicle solutions demand greater insight, imagination and creativity. That’s where Ford Smart Mobility comes in. We are investing in emerging technologies and agile businesses to advance innovations in micro-transit, commercial solutions for fleet customers, enhanced vehicle ownership experience and more.
What you’ll be able to do:
As part of Ford Commercial Solutions (FCS), you will be responsible for developing the product strategy, identifying the delivery roadmap and executing a product feature plan for Integrated Fleet Management (IFM) Services. You will focus on enabling IFM to deliver solutions that minimize the risks associated with vehicle investment, improve efficiency, and productivity while reducing overall transportation/staff costs. You’ll have the unique opportunity to take a feature from strategic concept to market launch. This position offers the possibility of working remotely. You will:
- Act as the sole business owner of the product for new fleet management services
- Responsible for growing existing fleet management services through a comprehensive and aggressive go to market strategy
- Ability to develop a product strategy for services that includes a where to play, how to win overview of a differentiated product.
- Create a comprehensive point of view through market research, idea generation/screening, development and testing, business analytics, prototyping, product iteration, implementation, and post launch review.
- Work with various internal and external stakeholders to develop go to market plans for a complete product portfolio including communications, sales materials, and training for the launch of your products/services
- Apply knowledge of market trends, competitive dynamics, and industry regulations/legal requirements
- Develop financial model and market research in support of the product feature launch roadmap
- Collaborate with Global Data Insights and Analytics (GDIA) and Information Technology (IT) teams to define user experience, features and functionality
- Assess ROI performance and learnings of in-market products to inform future product strategy
- Rollup product dashboard and provide additional, periodic, and frequent communications to stakeholders and partners
- Create content and strategy documents to bring stakeholders on the product feature vision journey
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of experience developing products and services in a SaaS industry
- Five or more years of experience working for a fleet management company or a fleet software company
- One or more years of experience prioritizing software capabilities with business objectives
- Two or more years of experience leading a product owner and IT engineering team in the delivery of products or services
Our preferred requirements:
- Prior startup experience in an agile environment
- Background in commercial vehicle or fleet management product strategy
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and project management skills
- Experience developing a product strategy, conducting market segmentation research, and leading a project plan to execution/launch
- Previous experience working with analytics and IT on feature iteration and launch
- Deadline driven self-starter with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Detailed oriented, customer focused and intellectually curious
- Passion for innovating and implementing advanced technologies
- Ability to deliver high-quality work quickly, decisively, and thoughtfully
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, results oriented environment
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf