Product Manager API Foundation Platforms Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Ford Motor Credit Company
Ford Motor Credit Company (FMCC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Credit’s new Product Organization is taking shape, with the formation of six teams designed to make it easier for product teams to truly obsess over improving the customer experience and, ultimately, help Ford Credit be a reason customers choose and stay with Ford. The new organization is made up of two parts – one focused on the end user (consumers, self-managed commercial and dealers) and one focused on the platforms that support these customers. The teams will not be doing this work alone. They will be calling on employee expertise and the requirements of the entire Ford Credit team, from business center operations, to sales, to risk and every team in between, to reach Ford Credit’s winning aspiration.
What you’ll be able to do:
As a Product Manager, you will work to achieve the mission of the Foundational Platforms groups by creating and delivering an API strategy based on business needs. You will assist in leading the overall goal and influencing at a high level the actual APIs the team should deliver, including measures of success that enhance User journeys.
To accomplish your mission, you:
- Must remove uncertainty, making it very clear what API should be developed or improved and why.
- Assist in pitching these products to leadership
- Engage closely with the Engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods and reasonable implementation schedule to develop and deliver scalable APIs, as well as provide support after execution
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements that identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Launch and develop new products on a regular basis
- Design and drive the overall vision and product strategy to a coherent whole
- Manage internal partnerships and external partners to optimize growth
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years of deep experience in APIs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Master’s, MBA or equivalent experience
- Experience with managing products for software developers
- Experience leading with cross functional teams to execute a common objective
- 2+ years’ work experience with digital products
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, including product ownership, User Experience (UX)/User Insights (UI), sales, customer service, finance or marketing. Understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g., payments, loyalty, subscriptions, etc.).
- Able to align priorities with users and platforms taking ownership to deliver and solve issues
- Effective and inclusive when working in teams with diverse backgrounds to execute on a shared vision
- Personally champion inclusion within teams through actions to fully engage teams with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Demonstrate executive presence
- Attention to detail
- Ability to influence, persuade and be comfortable having difficult conversations
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills, and ability to operate in a white space environment generating insights to create and tell a story
- Strong cross functional relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to effectively work across all levels of the organization to achieve organizational objectives
- Able to deploy split testing, managing prioritization with platform and users and to provide data
- Able to interpret data results and offer solutions
- Outcome oriented to deliver the product, evaluated the progress in each interaction
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.