Product Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Marketing Sales and Service
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford is the market leader in serving commercial customers with industry leading vehicle solutions. Electrification, Automation and Digitization of our vehicles offers an opportunity to transform not only transportation but also how our customer’s businesses operate.
As a Product Manager for our commercial vehicle business group you will bring deep knowledge of the customer, market, business, and industry; gather first-hand feedback from customers and channel partners, and collaborate with internal stakeholders on product vision and definition for software solutions for fleets.
Main responsibilities will be to serve as a main touchpoint with fleets, and the teams developing software and connectivity solutions to co-create new solutions based on ethnographic research, customer needs, vocational specialization and common business tools that benefit or are enhanced with connected vehicle data. Once designs are in place, work closely as the Business/Product Owner on implementation of the software.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Lead use cases development, software creation and new hardware & software capabilities in the vehicle focus on vocational segments with Enterprise Connectivity and In-Vehicle Architecture and technology planning teams
- Work closely with customers to co-create products
- Lead engagements with fleets to conduct human-centered design exercises with D-FORD (Ford's Internal Design Research organization) and others
- Work closely with the connected product experience managers on co-creation initiatives and workshops
- Work with upfitter interface teams to identify unique needs for those members of our ecosystem
- Deliver the solutions and vocational software elements that define the next-gen experiences for fleet customers working closely with the Digital Experience Manager
- Identify technology and software partners that are critical to delivery of vocational experiences
Examples of initiatives:
- Co-creation of common software tools, services and experiences that can be used by a variety of businesses and vocations specific to the vehicle
- Dispatch, routing, and journey scheduling solutions
- Tolling, parking and other virtual payment processes
- Integration with “Smart City” infrastructure and services
- Co-creation of common software tools, services and experiences that can be used by a variety of business and vocations not specific to the vehicle
- Customer relationship management
- Billing and invoicing tool
- Accounting, payments and similar
- Creation of newly-envisioned experiences enabled by electrified powertrains and electric commercial vehicles (e.g. jobsite power, generator replacement, jobsite monitoring, depot charging, etc.)
- Creation of new solutions related to vehicle upfitters, sensors manufacturers, aftermarket accessory providers, and other commercial vehicle needs
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three of more years of experience with Product Management / Product Ownership of embedded hardware or software development
- One or more year of experience with human-centered design and working directly with customers
Our preferred requirements:
- Five of more years of experience with Product Management / Product Ownership of embedded hardware or software development
- Experience working in an agile methodology, working through backlogs, and development of product roadmaps
- Passion for the customer and passion for designing new experiences
- Familiarity with fleet / commercial vehicles and specific fleet personas (fleet managers, etc.)
- Experience with in-vehicle architectures and their roadmaps, constraints and complexity
- Familiarity with IOT products in a consumer or industrial context
- Familiarity with field service management, or related software tools to support business productivity
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-LL5-sal-plan-1.pdf