Product Environmental Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Allen Park, MI, US
Sustainability, Environment and Safety Engineering
Sustainability, Environment and Safety Engineering (SESE)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
At Ford, we are defining the future of human mobility with a strong focus on corporate responsibility. If you share this commitment, join the diverse team of passionate professionals within our Sustainability, Environment and Safety group. You will be a key contributor to our efforts to provide the technical and regulatory expertise necessary for advancing such critical initiatives as product safety, emissions, fuel economy, vehicle recycling and much more.
What you will be able to do
If you have a passion for delivering mobility solutions that provide an incredible driving experience in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way, this is the opportunity for you. You will be responsible for managing vehicle emissions, fuel economy and homologation activities. This will involve collaborating with Ford Product Development, government agencies and Ford management to ensure internal and regulatory vehicle environmental requirements are met. You will:
- Compile, review and submit data to support emissions and fuel economy certification and homologation application materials
- Be involved with vehicle emissions and fuel economy test program management
- Compile and submit regulatory mandated compliance reports
- Work with Ford global laboratories to ensure robust emissions and fuel economy measurement capabilities are in place for the diverse range of Ford products (e.g. gas, electric, hybrid, diesel, etc.)
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Commitment to sustainability and vehicle environmental compliance
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, database, etc.)
- Ability to interact and gain respect of government agency employees
- Familiarity with emissions and fuel economy/greenhouse gas regulations
- Knowledge of powertrain, emissions controls and fuel systems
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf