Product Designer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Our commercial and retail connectivity design teams collaborate with various stakeholders and partners to create and ship delightful products at market speed to improve the lives of our customers. We are looking for experience designers who have a passion for growing their skills, engaging in interesting work, and tackling challenging problems as we build the future of connected experiences at Ford.
As a Product Designer, you will work directly with a cross functional product team to deliver cross-channel digital interactions that delight, build connections, and deliver value to both customers and Ford.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Represent the user’s perspective throughout the product lifecycle - from problem discovery, solution ideation and validation through iterative development and delivery.
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice.
- Guide product decisions through user research and iterative feedback loops
- Work as a collaborative team member with business partners, product managers, developers and fellow designers.
- Facilitate and participate in design thinking sessions with various technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints.
- Rapidly iterate design prototypes and working applications.
- Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis.
- Develop and work with visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Produce materials for business partners and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets.
- Influence the product design competency as it grows within Ford IT and Mobility
- Present design assets, facilitate workshops and evangelize design thinking to leadership and teammates in one on one situations, small groups and to large audiences
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Industrial Design, Computer Science, Fine Arts, or related scientific field
- Three or more years of experience (will consider co-op’s and internship) in at least one of the following disciplines:
- User Research
- User Experience Design
- Visual Design
- One or more years of experience using Sketch or other prototyping tools
Our preferred requirements:
- Masters Degree in HCI, Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology/Human Factors, Fine Arts, Communications, or related field
- Experience coaching and guiding others in UX and design.
- Experience with conducting discovery and user validation interviews
- Experience working independently with internal stakeholders and / or clients.
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Experience working with Design Systems
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf