Portfolio Integration Mgr – Enterprise Initiatives Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
Portfolio Integration Mgr – Enterprise Initiatives
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you’ll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We’re seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What you’ll be able to do:
- Develop detailed OTA deployment plans for ECU’s planned in each release and manage resolution of all issues related to deployment of feature content.
- Develop and track detailed deployment timing plans to support production validation of ECU software on benches, Voice of Customer Fleet (VoCF), Management Lease Vehicles (MLV), Beta and End Customer vehicles.
- Supervise and Summarize the metrics for Deployment success on MLV, Beta and End Customers
- Actively manage daily/weekly Deployment meetings thru agenda and status reports. Communicate deployment status, issues and risks to respective program partners.
- Manage and provide leadership and guidance to all teams to ensure governance processes are properly established and consistently followed, with the right processes, tools, resources and techniques to achieve goals and deliver business value.
- Develop connectivity solution plans for EC and other Ford teams
- Ongoing support as business and process SME for new Feature Suite Management
- Lead multi-functional activity in identifying new processes to meet business objectives
- Provide regular reports to EC leadership on the status / accomplishments and align on goals / next steps for the coming month(s).
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field of study
- 5+ years managing large enterprise programs including experience managing concurrent, large programs requiring extensive x-functional integration.
Our preferred requirements:
- Knowledge and experience with new and emerging automotive/connected vehicle technologies across global product platform
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools like JIRA to create and assign bugs, epics and maintain the priorities according to program needs.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle architecture, ECU functions, CAN BUS protocols
- Experience with connectivity testing & end to end validation with ability to analyze logs preferred
- Experience with OTA deployment process and Software tracking across various programs
- Strong communications skills with the ability to effectively coordinate across teams
- Broad understanding of embedded systems and development milestones, vehicle architecture connectivity, cloud connectivity and integration, backend enterprise systems integration and mobile applications integration to develop x-functional program level gives / gets and project planning.
- Thorough understanding of GPDS methodologies for engineering design and development
- Knowledge and experience with Automotive vehicle hardware systems and launch management
- Ability to analyze launch issues, Market Launch hardrocks and co-ordinate with Multi-functional teams for status reviews and issue resolution
- Perform product reflection, lessons learnt and standardization of process for new market connectivity launches
- Knowledge and experience with systems engineering fundamentals and quality / reliability methods including FMEAs and DVP&Rs, for both in-vehicle and off-board systems
- Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills; team-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal skills - able to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences.
- Ability to construct quality work plans and deliverables from minimal definitions and to work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Creative in quickly developing approaches to problems and recommending actions to management, including implementation of suggested recommendations.
- Self-starter and highly motivated; Uses sound business judgment and exhibits leadership skills.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf