Platform Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Take part in the research, development, design and delivery of an industry-leading, conversational platform for Ford Motor Company.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams from within the Company such as our cloud microservices Product teams, application architects, Research & Advanced engineering, Product Development Feature Owners, UX, CX, FordPass as well as partner teams and others to ensure all internal Customer needs are met and goals well understood.
- Work with security teams to ensure our customer's data is safe.
- Work with architects for both in-vehicle and cloud-based applications to integrate the assistance platform robustly and reliably with other components of our connected and broad platform.
- Work with engineers and product managers to invent new designs, prototype new technology and evaluate design feasibility to meet CX and UX needs, sometimes for fast proofs of concept, and sometimes for a production deployment.
- Be very hands-on: working with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development of designs, to propose solutions when needed in order to support the successful implementation of our platform.
- Work with technology suppliers and internal partners to lead the team to success in developing a highly capable platform Ensure the design vision is being met, communicated, and adjusted where necessary throughout all phases of the product lifecycle: requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, analysis of user data, rinse, repeat.
- Closely collaborate in a cross-functional setting that includes engineers, developers, researchers, marketing, and product managers
- Create & maintain effective & highly detailed design documentation including logical diagrams, state logic and other functional and non-functional design requirements as necessary.
- Manage the integration of supplier and third party technology and platforms with the Ford connected platform to deliver the product strategy.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or similar scientific field of study
- 2+ years of experience developing speech and language-related technology-reliant applications
- 2+ years of experience creating high-quality system design documentation
- 2+ years of experience building voice user interfaces or similar interactive assistance-related applications
- 2+ years of experience with Nuance, Cerence, Google, Amazon or Microsoft NLU solutions
- 2+ years of experience in voice/dialog design
- 2+ years of working knowledge of IP and HTTP communications protocols, as well as relevant embedded and web-based programming experience (Swift, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, PCF, Python, etc.)
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience in Agile Scrum
- Experience developing solutions with Amazon Alexa, Alexa Skills Kit
- Experience developing solutions with Actions on Google
- Experience developing language models for natural language processing using open source took kits
- A track record of solving tough design problems
- Experience designing for complex workflows
- Excellent written and verbal skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf