Physician Assistant Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chicago, IL, US
Human Resources (HR)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Motor Company is seeking a well-qualified candidate to provide medical services at the Chicago Assembly Plant’s medical department located in Chicago, IL. Primary responsibility will be to provide direct patient care and medical treatment to employees with work-related injuries and illnesses. In addition, the physician assistant may occasionally provide personal medical care to specific employee groups within the plant. The physician assistant will interact daily with safety professionals, workers’ compensation administrators, human resources, labor relations professionals, and members of management. Candidates must be able to effectively communicate and interact with these individuals, as well as develop relationships of trust.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Examining and treating patients independently and in autonomous collaboration with the Chief Physician for the medical department
- Assessing, diagnosing, treating and managing occupational injuries and illnesses
- Reviewing and interpreting x-rays related to occupational injuries
- Completing Physical examinations for Pre-employment, Return to work, Medical Surveillance
- Reviewing health history forms
- Following mutually agreed upon protocols and Practice Guidelines in the delivery of quality care
- Following guidelines of professional practice in Illinois
- Performing within scope of practice in accordance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement, the individual’s professional level of knowledge and expertise, legitimate legal practice regulations as defined by the Illinois Public Health Code and policies of Ford Motor Company
- Reviewing labs when Chief Physician is not available
- Reviewing X-ray and MRI results when Chief Physician not available
- Following-up on abnormal lab results and imaging studies
- Performing minor procedures such as suturing and foreign body removal (skin, cornea, conjunctiva)
- Performing EKG’s, pulmonary function tests, respiratory fit tests
- Calibrating spirometer, audio and others as needed (breathalyzer, AED)
- Performing administrative functions such as opening and closing of medical leaves, scheduling of appointments and follow up with outside consultants
- Interacting with Human Resources, Safety, Workers’ Compensation and Labor in the management of injured or ill employees
- Educating employees on disease processes, medications, and injuries
- Supervising nursing staff on their assigned shift
- Ordering supplies and schedule equipment maintenance on an as needed basis
- Performing job evaluations in the plant for restricted employees as needed
Prescriptive Privileges based on delegation by the Chief Physician and regulated physician assistant practice in Illinois.
**Work is in a manufacturing environment, with shifts including nights and weekends, as assigned in order to help support the Production shifts below:
- A shift Monday to Thursday 5:30 am to 4:00 pm
- B shift Tuesday to Friday 5:30 pm to 4:00 am
- C shift Friday and Saturday 5:30 am to 4:00 pm, Sunday and Monday 5:30 pm to 4:00 am
- 6:15 am – 2:45 pm
- 6:15 pm – 2:45 am
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current, unrestricted Illinois license
- Physician Assistant certification (PA-C)
- 2 or more years’ experience as a Physician Assistant
- 2 or more years health care experience in treating musculoskeletal injuries and conditions areas such as in urgent care, emergency room, or orthopedic settings
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies Experience in Occupational Health or urgent/emergency care
- Experience in treating WC Injuries, Worker’s Compensation and Occupational Health
- Adept at managing WC cases including case management skill
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: