Manufacturing Engineer - CAE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, driven performers who think creatively to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
What you’ll be able to do:
At Ford, we’re passionate about delivering the highest standards of manufacturing quality, consistency and safety. We’re looking for a uniquely knowledgeable, experienced and diligent CAE manufacturing engineer who shares our passion for uncompromised excellence. We’ll look to you to provide expert direction for controls equipment locations that meet optimal safety, maintenance and production considerations for tool install through launch. You will:
- Conduct stamping feasibility evaluation in an integrated CAD/CAE environment
- Simulate stamping processes for comprehensive formability evaluation
- Optimize draw die developments and line die face
- Support stamping die processing, die face modeling and die design sections
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Three or more years of manufacturing experience in stamping or assembly
- One or more years of experience using computer aided engineering (CAE) software in finite element analysis (FEA)
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in engineering (mechanical engineering a plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience performing simulations of stamping processes for comprehensive formability and dimensional evaluation or assembly operations for body-in-white
- Knowledge of optimizing draw die developments
- Solid background supporting stamping processing and die design teams
- Fluency with AutoForm, PamStamp, LS-Dyna or ETA DynaForm
- Hands-on experience with CAD, CATIA V5 and TeamCenter
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.