Human Resources – Labor Relations Rep. (Chicago Assembly Plant) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chicago, IL, US
Human Resources (HR)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
It takes outstanding people from every background imaginable to make our ambitious plans for the future a tangible reality. As part of our Human Resources team, you’ll help us attract, hire and retain the top talent we need to achieve our bold vision. You’ll play a vital role in defining, developing and maintaining the winning culture that empowers diverse individuals to work together and create the impossible. We’re seeking change leaders, talent strategists, employee advocates and culture architects to enable our teams, partners, and businesses to do and be their best. Come join the “people” people!
What you’ll be able to do:
Our union workforce is essential for delivering the innovative products that will drive our organization forward. In this key position, you will oversee the day-to-day functions of the Labor Relations Office. You will serve a vital role in maintaining positive union/management relations, including:
- Coordinating and assist in UAW contract negotiations, implementation and ongoing administration of the Master and Local Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Administering hourly employee matters
- Investigating and preparing responses to EEOC complaints
- Coordinating the medical placement and manpower planning process
- Supporting Personnel Relations activities as required
- Coordinating hourly recruiting and hiring as required
- Supporting all Health and Safety activities as required
Work is in a manufacturing environment, with rotating shift work (including nights and weekends, as assigned). New shift assigned every 5 months. Shifts are listed below:
- A shift Monday to Thursday 6 am to 4:30 pm
- B shift Tuesday to Friday 5 pm to 4:00 am
- C shift Friday and Saturday 6 am to 4:30 pm, Sunday and Monday 5 pm to 4:00 am
- Regular shift work will sometimes involve casual overtime
- Periodically, Labor Relations Reps work a full-day in addition to their regular schedule, which will pay Overtime
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 or more years of Human Resources Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 or more years of Microsoft Office experience to include Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Our preferred requirements:
- 2 or more years of human resources generalist experience
- Master's degree
- 2 years or more of experience working with the UAW or other labor union
- Demonstrated experience delivering HR process improvements
- Ability to guide and influence individuals at all levels
- Proven exceptional conflict management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status