Global Brand Design & Identity Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Marketing Sales and Service
Marketing, Sales & Service (MSS)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of the Ford Brand Strategy and Design team, this role will support the development and deployment of a comprehensive global brand design system as well as the management of ongoing brand design projects.
The primary function of this role is to unify and drive the expression of the Ford brand globally across all forms of engagement and experience. This will involve leadership in development and application of brand standards, management of multiple agencies and close collaboration with internal global teams engaged in the communication and expression of the Ford brand and sub-brands.
This role requires someone who can translate the language of design and branding to a broad and diverse mix of teams. A brand advocate and design ambassador who can both inspire and instruct agencies and peers.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Lead day-to-day brand governance efforts which includes continuous improvement and development of the Ford Brand Design System.
- Ability to communicate with and consult a wide range of stakeholders on the application of design guidelines to new and ongoing work.
- Lead the development of new brand guidelines and brand governance tools including build out and management of an online brand content hub.
- Leading project/program management across multiple engagements with internal and agency partners.
- Provide administration, coordination and reporting on all projects within the Global Brand Design Office.
- Provide integration leadership across agencies and cross-functional internal teams.
- Draft clear and effective design briefs for outside agencies/business partners on behalf of internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate and direct design work submitted by agencies and internal teams.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five or more years of experience in Brand Design
- At least two years of experience leading a team of brand designers either on the agency or client-side
Our preferred requirements:
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing brand identity guidelines
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing brand design projects
- Knowledgeable on how to structure and plan brand design engagements
- Effective communicator (both written and verbal) with ability to seek out and build relationships with key stakeholders and critical resources
- Adept at building presentations for senior leadership review
- Self-motivated and takes initiative to get things done when opportunity is observed
- Proven expertise in graphic/communication design, environmental design, creative direction
- A keen attention to detail and an appreciation for aesthetics
- Critical thinker and clear communicator with the ability to lead a global organization and work cross‐functionally with stakeholders
- Experience managing and reporting on budgets
- Exceptional communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization and with external partners, customers, agencies, and collaborators
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.