GForce Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Information Technology (IT)
GForce Software Engineer
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Information Technology group, you’ll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
What you’ll be able to do:
We’re seeking a software engineer with multi-year experience and specializes on product definition and configuration engines using MDD (multi-decisional diagram) algorithm. At Ford, we have a proprietary product definition in WERS codes and configuration engine called GForce. GForce is part of the Global Product Representation System suite of applications centered around global vehicle ordering, configuration and delivery.
GForce specializes in managing consumable product definitions and providing APIs for validating product configurations. Our APIs efficiently expose valid product offerings to applications which then allow users to explore the offerings available to them, and communicate their selections for fulfillment. This means that any user – dealer, consumer, fleet buyer, Ford employee, etc. – anywhere in the world that uses a Ford web site or application to research and define a vehicle to buy, GForce will be working behind the scenes to ensure that the user sees the vehicles and features that are valid and available for the user’s market. For this role, you will:
- Work effectively with other technical specialists
- Work with product owners, product managers and end users to understand their business processes and needs
- Work in a collaborative environment; e.g. pairing and mobbing with other Engineers.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of IT experience
- 3+ years of experience in product definition and configuration engine like WERS and GForce
- 3+ years of experience in Vehicle Configuration Space domain
- 3+ years of experience in working with Multi Valued decision diagram algorithms
- 4+ years of experience in Java or Kotlin and Spring framework
- 4+ years of experience with SQL databases, including query development, and performance tuning.
- 3+ years of experience in defining and designing monitoring dashboards and alerts using various Monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace.
- 3+ years of experience with source control systems such as GitHub
- 3+ years of experience building Cloud-enabled solutions (Microsoft Azure, AWS, PCF)
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise Java applications using the Spring framework (Spring Boot)
- 3+ years of experience in continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline implementation.
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- In-depth software engineering knowledge
- Expertise in Spring, SpringBoot framework
- Expertise in Paired programming
- Expertise in Test-first/test-driven development (TDD)
- Expertise with Spring Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms (e.g., Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cloud Foundry)
- Experience delivering products that include front-end web development
- Proficiency with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://clicktime.symantec.com/34jag92XUFJYHaNge9RMLCD7Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcorporate.ford.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fcorporate%2Fus%2Fen-us%2Fdocuments%2Fcareers%2F2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf