Full Stack Software Engineer - Advanced Engineering Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Ford Smart Mobility LLC
Research & Advanced Engineering (R&A)
Full Stack Software Engineer
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Our Research and Advanced Engineering team explores how new vehicle and societal innovations can be creatively applied to our products and services. The team is building on a history of Ford innovation, including the three-way catalytic converter that modernized vehicle emissions controls in the 1970s and the world’s first rear inflatable seat belts in 2010. Today, we are devising and delivering smarter vehicles and more efficient transportation systems to improve people’s lives by helping them move more freely, safely and enjoyably. We are changing how our products are made by creating high-quality vehicles in an environmentally and socially-responsible way, including the use of sustainable materials. Since 2000, we have used 12 industry- and world-first plant-based materials in our production vehicles. We also are researching the possible use of tomato skin, bamboo, agave fiber, dandelion roots, algae and coffee chaff as part of our ambitious goal of making our vehicles with up of 20 percent sustainable material by 2025.
What you’ll be able to do:
As a key member of our Advanced Engineering Delivery Team, you will help identify, analyze and develop next generation connected vehicle software platforms and systems. This will involve collaborating with the Advanced Engineering product owners and Engineering teams to deliver advanced prototypes and pilot programs. You will:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop interfaces across the vehicle, cloud, and app
- Develop system architecture and complex interfaces
- Create/identify new ideas from conception to inception
- Participate in new idea development processes
- Create flexible, scalable, and re-usable software functions that exceed user expectations
- Generate intellectual property (IP), trademarks, and patents
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of full stack development experience with expertise in:
- Java/.Net development
- Cloud environments (e.g., PCF, Azure, AWS)
- Embedded systems development (e.g., C, C++, Python)
- API/microservice development
- Two or more years of experience with TDD and Agile methodologies
Our preferred requirements:
- Background in rapid prototype development
- In-depth knowledge of software development tools
- Proven creativity with strong commitment to quality and innovation
- Knowledge of failure mode analysis tools and error state mitigation techniques
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open-source software experience
- Experience with wireless protocols (e.g., BLE, WiFi, NFC, etc.)
- Ability to optimize interfaces to improve system performance
- Understanding of connected vehicle ecosystem and mobile development (ios/android)
- Knowledge of in-vehicle architectures, CAN messaging, and web services
- Experience setting up a development environment, creating testing tools and automation software
- Familiarity with mobile app architecture, code refactoring, code optimization, and security techniques
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.