Executive Onboarding Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Human Resources (HR)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
In this fast-paced role, you’ll play an integral part in setting up our newly hired executives for success while executing best-in-class experiences for them from pre-hire through their first year of employment. As a member of our upstart Executive Recruiting and Onboarding Team, you’ll help refine existing onboarding processes and identify opportunities for new experiences that support the acculturation and enablement of our newly hired executives. This role involves building strong partnerships with key internal stakeholders, such as hiring managers, HR business partners, and the Talent Acquisition & Onboarding team.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Build relationships with newly hired executives while serving as their primary point of contact for all onboarding related questions; respond to general inquiries as they arise
- Possess a strong understanding of Ford’s company policies, benefits, resources, and be able to demonstrate the basics of our technology (e.g. Outlook, Webex, etc.)
- Deliver orientation session programming (i.e. first day welcome session) to new hires and hiring manager training sessions
- Assist with benefit enrollment, payroll, management lease vehicles, and new hire forms
- Collaborate with IT to orchestrate set-up and delivery of new hire’s technology
- Manage communications to key onboarding partners to ensure onboarding tasks are completed
- Identify gaps in the onboarding experience and propose improvements
- Continue developing our virtual onboarding experience and prepare for the potential transition back to in-person onboarding
- Support the creation of onboarding resources and learning modules for new hires, hiring managers, and HR
- Help develop and execute onboarding events and programming, such as networking and mentoring opportunities
- Distribute and manage surveys to collect feedback from key stakeholders; support data analysis to drive experience enhancements
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years’ experience delivering onboarding experiences
Our preferred qualifications:
- Master's Degree in a related field
- Background in executive recruiting, executive administrative support, and/or learning and development
- Previous experience planning events
- Exceptional communication skills and comfort interfacing with senior leaders
- A high level of discretion and trustworthiness in handling confidential information
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem solver with the ability to work both tactically and strategically
- Politically savvy and can navigate the organization to get things done
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with minimal direction
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf