Enterprise Connectivity Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Connectivity (EC)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
What you’ll be able to do:
We are looking for someone to work in our commercial vehicle area, helping to provide fleet management solutions. You will collaborate with business customers, developers, security specialists and fellow architects to provide global, robust, secure and scalable solutions. If you are a creative self-starter who is interested in providing solution architecture and application design guidance to multiple teams in an agile manner, this may be the job for you. Join us in building solutions that provide a differentiating capability for Ford in the global market. You will:
- Collaborate with business partners and development personnel to design and develop solutions
- Communicate architecture decisions through key architecture documents
- Guide teams along the way in best practices in development, testing and dev-ops
- Ensure overall quality and security of architecture solutions throughout the development process
- Share solution architecture to cross-functional teams and executive leadership
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four or more years’ experience with Cloud Foundry or Java development
- At least four years working with frameworks, architecture patterns, and design patterns
- Three or more years performing application troubleshooting and resolving performance issues
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience with vehicle telematics data ingestion and processing
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Three or more years working with interoperability standards and methods
- Two or more years of experience as lead developer large project or program
- Two or more years of demonstrated ability to work on multiple project efforts simultaneously
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and innovate solutions
- Self-starter, ability to work independently but still can work within group to deliver top-notch solutions
- Leadership skills in working with senior-level management and assisting in decision-making
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.