Electric Machine Core Materials Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Product Development (PD)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
Are you ready to be responsible for the design and analysis of electric machines for xEV architecture? Your responsibilities will include developing methods to improve electric machine performance through improved materials and manufacturing technologies as well as developing test plans and process data from material specific as well as electric machine testing. You will:
- Design and analyze electric machines suitable for electric vehicle applications
- Develop methods to improve electric machine performance through materials and manufacturing technologies
- Develop electric machine and material-specific test plans and processes data from testing
- Work with Electrical and Mechanical Motor Core Engineers to finalize electric machine design
- Work with CAD designers to develop 3D models and prints for all components
- Evaluate and recommend suitable electric machine manufacturing technologies
- Evaluate electric machine performance in various stages (e.g. prototype, pre-production, production, etc.)
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in materials characterization and testing related to electrical machines
- 2+ years of experience in construction/manufacturing methods of electric machines
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in materials characterization and testing experience related to electrical machines
- 5+ years of experience in construction/manufacturing methods of electric machines
- Knowledge of electric machine materials testing/characterization equipment and testing techniques
- Experience with automotive electric vehicle applications
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf