Design Thinking Catalyst Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Enterprise Product Line Management (EPLM)
Human Centered Design is growing at Ford and integral to our long term strategy. We value the power of design to positively impact business, technology, and the lives of our customers and employees. We have labs in Detroit/Dearborn, Palo Alto, London, and Shanghai all working to tackle the toughest challenges facing transportation and urban mobility.
We create opportunities to practice….
The Catalyst Lead is strategic role. It requires a variety of hands-on Human Centered Design experiences and leadership skills. Its focus is to grow a robust, enterprise wide practice of Design Thinking advocates across a wide range of Ford employees and partners.
The position requires the candidate to have the ability to travel globally
What you’ll be able to do:
- Support a system to build and nurture a community of advocates across the company with ongoing employee engagement
- Drive strategic enterprise-wide opportunities to learn about, apply and practice design thinking
- Actively prototype new initiatives and create effective feedback mechanisms to improve the offerings, community membership and communication
- Create and curate materials, programs, events, and other experiences to create excitement and pull for Design Thinking @Ford.
- Network inside and outside of Ford to understand emerging trends in Design Thinking coaching and facilitation, and education more broadly.
- Help employees and our team measure and communicate the effectiveness of their Design Thinking skills
- Communicate across channels and skill groups about group progress and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Learning and development on learning solutions for Design Thinking
- Effectively influence across all levels in the organization; across regions and functions; get things done through formal and informal channels
- Set clear goals and priorities
- Inspire, mentor, and guide the professional growth of team members
- Inform stakeholders on progress
- Be comfortable with ambiguity inherent in design processes
- Maintain a positive and engaging work environment
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on human-centered design craft(s), design thinking, and/or community development, roles.
- 3+ years managing teams or large, complex projects.
Our preferred requirements:
- Masters Degree in related field.
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on human-centered design craft(s), design thinking, and/or community development, roles.
- 5+ years managing teams in design or a related field or managing highly complex projects.
- Ability to travel globally.
- Event planning experience.
- Exceptional communication and story-telling skills for a range of stakeholders and objectives.
- Strong relationship-building skills with an ability to gain trust and confidence.
- Supporting, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Creative and flexible approaches to addressing issues and navigating perceived risk.
- Comfortable in a creative, fast-paced environment with ambiguity and complexity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with other creative content creation tools like Adobe.
- Social media / slack / multi-channel communication.
- Able to toggle between strategy and execution.
- Fluent in design and conversant on emerging technology and mobility trends.
- Passionate about the employee experience.
A Bit About Us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
We drive human progress through empathy, creativity and design.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf