DAT Feature Architect - Active Drive Assist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Product Development (PD)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
- Responsible for feature systems ownership
- Develop, refine and update use cases and functional level requirements and targets for our next-generation driver assistance platform
- Distill feature level requirements to ideal functions
- Update and improve ideal functional performance requirements based on sensing capabilities
- Update and refine functional decomposition of ideal functions for next-generation sensing and compute architectural requirements
- Iteratively develop and refine RADAR and Vision-level tracking sensor-level specifications based on feature use cases and ideal functions to ensure carry-over performance as well as new, enhanced capabilities
- Ensure revised functional architecture supports existing and new functional safety requirements, item definition, hazard analysis and risk assessment and functional safety concept and is in compliance with ISO 26262/Ford Functional Safety process for Active Drive Assist
- Develop and mature system and subsystem level design, interfaces and specifications to ensure production feature delivery
- Ensure Active Drive Assist can be architecturally scaled across the entire range of cross-carline offerings
- Engage with other Driver Assistance Technology (DAT) Systems Engineers and Feature Engineers to ensure Active Drive Assist feature/functional level requirements can be achieved by existing, updated and new cross-feature services
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with MATLAB/Simulink modeling (coursework/internship/co-op experience allowed)
- 1+ year of experience in DAT, Robotics/Unmanned Systems and/or Autonomous Vehicles (AV)
- 1+ year of experience with Systems Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Controls Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with computer vision and RADAR tracking of humans, vehicles, static roadway obstacles or other typical road objects
- Experience with computer vision detection and tracking of signs, lights, lanes and other key artifacts
- Experience with application of high definition maps to advanced headway features/assisted driving
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design
- Experience reviewing, categorizing and analyzing field data to determine error states/failure modes
- Experience developing, conducting, observing and reporting on statistically relevant experimentation/verification methods across the global population
- Experience with model-based design methods in Simulink for creation/development and enhancement of current/new features
- Understanding of Kalman filtering, vehicle dynamics, linear and nonlinear control methods
- Software engineering and algorithm development experience
- Development time in any language (e.g. C, C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Developing and conducting laboratory and vehicle tests
- Data collection and analysis
- Experience with Functional Safety ISO 26262
- Experience with SOTIF
- Experience with CyberSecurity as applied to ADAS features
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf