DAT Development Operations Build and Release Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Product Development (PD)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
Using a wide variety of ops tools and monitoring platforms, you will help define advanced automated monitoring, deployment and repair strategies. You will be responsible for building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues. You will:
- Configuration and monitoring of product builds
- Build and maintain tools for constructing the DAT build and images
- Ensure that software build and deployment processes are following known standard methodologies
- Assist with capacity planning and continuous performance improvement of development processes, build infrastructure and tools
- Optimize DAT builds, image creation process and tooling
- Evaluate vendor-supplied software packages and make recommendations to management
- Modify and/or debug vendor-supplied utilities and packages to meet project requirements
- Modify, install and prepare user documentation for use by development and test groups
- Diagnose, isolate and debug software problems and perform problem resolution
- Perform periodic build validation and integration testing, sharing results with the project team
- Manage test scenarios and validation metrics
- Perform other duties as required
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining Continuous Integration tools and environments in a large enterprise (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience supporting embedded target OS’s (QNX and/or Linux) in a Continuous Integration environment
- 5+ years of experience in Matlab, Ruby and/or Python
- 5+ years of experience with Makefiles and scripting languages (e.g. Groovy, bash, lua, perl, etc.)
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of proven experience in Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux / RHEL, Ubuntu, SLES), Unix and/or Windows operating systems
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience building and supporting C and C++ applications
- 3+ years of proven experience with tools such as Puppet, Chef, Vagrant and Docker
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience on configuring or maintaining cloud and container platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Docker, etc.)
- Ability to design and implement solutions for Continuous Integration domains
- Ability to deliver sophisticated solutions in an intensely collaborative product creation environment
- Excellent communication skills both vertically and horizontally within the organization related to all aspects of technical leadership – written and verbal
- Familiarity with Java build tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- System Engineering experience on Tomcat application server, Apache HTTP Server, Java Development tools, automation and scripting
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf