AV Sr. Android Developer (Embedded Systems) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Detroit, MI, US
Autonomous Vehicles (AV)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
While others are taking a technology-first approach, Ford AV LLC is putting people first. We are building a self-driving business ecosystem that is purpose-designed from the outset. Ford’s AV strategy is different because we are designing, testing and operating an ecosystem today that is fit for the purpose of our AV business model in the future.
What you’ll be able to do:
As a Senior Android Developer for an embedded platform you will have the unique opportunity to join a growing team focused on re-defining the transportation experience, as we know it today. You will be challenged with developing innovative solutions which solve difficult and ambiguous real-world issues.
- Develop User Experience (UX) embedded code for an infotainment platform.
- Insure code robustness by creating unit tests and monitoring your code commits throughout the CI/CD process.
- Leverage your in-depth understanding of the platform architecture to assess and participate in the technical design, feasibility, and planning process.
- Participate in architectural and code reviews
- Create / review UX High Level Design documentation
- Research new trends / technologies in Android embedded development
- Mentor junior software developers throughout the development of the project
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Five or more years of experience writing embedded software
- Three or more years of Android Java software development experience on an embedded platform (for example: vehicle infotainment, smart home device with user interface, fitness equipment with user interface, etc.)
- At least two years of experience in software architecture of an embedded platform
- One or more year’s experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts such as SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, etc.
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- 2+ years C/C++ software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 4+ years’ Java software development experience on embedded, infotainment platforms, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 2+ years’ experience with developing software leveraging Agile concepts
- 3+ years using Android Studio
- Proficiency with revision control including Git, Subversion, or equivalent
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent
- 1+ years Multi-site software project team experience
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories and Build Tools
- Highly effective in working with other technical experts, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business stakeholders
- Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.