Autonomous Vehicle Network and Fleet Development Coordinator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Detroit, MI, US
Autonomous Vehicles (AV)
At Ford, we have spent the past century earning the trust of our customers, and we recognize that trust is more important than ever as we begin to test and deploy self-driving cars. In each of our deployment cities, we are working closely with community members to ensure that we can build out our self-driving business plan in a way that is safe and that provides the right solutions for each city’s mobility challenges.
Ford Autonomous Vehicles LLC aspires to launch driverless transportation solutions that free people and businesses to achieve their fullest potential, earning trust one trip at a time. In conjunction with our partner, Argo AI, technical testing has begun in Miami, Washington DC, and Austin, TX.
As the Autonomous Vehicle Network and Fleet Development Coordinator, your role will be to support the overall AV Operations team. The ideal candidate needs to be an outstanding team player and possess the following key behaviors: proactiveness, process-oriented, good listening, creativity, and curiosity! You will find this role to be interesting, challenging, and an excellent opportunity for growth (personal & career).
What you’ll be able to do:
The AV Operations team is responsible for all assets (fleet, facilities, equipment, parts inventory, personnel and processes); delivering safe, reliable, and efficient operations in dense, urban cores. Our network of facilities will initially serve the vehicles and employees developing the self-driving system. Over time, these facilities will evolve to support scaled commercial operations!
- Network and Capacity Planning:
- Maintain Terminal and AV fleet data sources of truth
- Lead stakeholder brainstorming & problem-solving sessions
- Co-create success metrics for Terminal utilization
- Develop and maintain operational playbook(s)
- Terminal Site Selection:
- Manage key facilities’ data and dates
- Gather relevant city and competitive intelligence, benchmarking, and best practices
- Collect Terminal spatial requirements and programing specs; informing the facility design and implementation process
- Prepare scenario comparisons and financial cost-benefit / tradeoff analysis models
- Act as the conduit to stakeholders, including Argo AI
- Data and Mapping Analysis:
- Support city scoping of fleet services, network planning, and site selection process; influencing real estate searches
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years directly supporting fleet services and/or commercial fleets
Our preferred requirements:
- Minimum of 24 months’ experience(s) in any of the following areas:
- Dealer market representation or real estate planning
- Project or program management
- Building cross-functional relationships
- 4+ years of analytical problem-solving
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Financial forecasting and business planning
- Geospatial mapping and analysis
- Ability to travel domestically, up to 5%
- Eagerness to work in a white space environment, and undefined boundaries
- Operate independently, adapting to dynamic needs and staying organized across multiple projects
- Willing to learn new things through creativity, anticipation, and making mistakes
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf