ADAS System Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dearborn, MI, US
Product Development (PD)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and balanced. Ford’s Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
We are seeking professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. This position is about the system engineering and system interfaces of the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Active Safety and Driver Assistance features, implemented through feature models, and coordinated into a central Electronics Control Unit, which interfaces to multiple radars and cameras. It could also involve other elements of the process because we are seeking to add high quality people to the team rather than trying to squeeze engineers into a specific role. You will:
- Review and manage future feature proposals from outside groups
- Determine impact of features for ADAS system and collaborate with correct feature groups to integrate future feature into software plans
- Review and edit feature specifications to ensure they are specific, achievable and testable
- Manage updates of feature development process to improve ability to quickly integrate new features
- Define and Document needed support from ADAS team to deliver feature
- Document functional architecture of new features and integrate with master ADAS architecture
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with ADAS systems and/or ADAS feature development and/or ADAS sensor development
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead ad-hoc teams
- 2+ years of experience with MBSE tools
- Experience with architecture design and documentation
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf